Thank you Transformation Earth for nominating me for The Sunshine Award. I am new to blogging as well, so I hope I do justice in responding accordingly. First, allow me to state my gratitude as I have come across other blogs and read entries related to nominations and awards and I thought the idea was sweet and thoughtful.
My answers to the questions are as follows:
1. If you could pick one line from your About Me page(or whatever you renamed it to) to describe you, which line would you pick? –The main purpose behind my writing is to reach a better understanding about the world, society, and people.
2. Which is your favourite post from your own blog and why? (It could be because of the memories attached or the frame of mind you wrote it in, a comment you received). –My first post: “Attitude.” The message I tried to express was an extension of one of the many invaluable lessons I learned from Victor Frankl’s experience of living through a concentration camp during Nazi Germany. His book … inspires me daily and keeps me level-headed, when challenges emerge. Also, I wanted to share the message with others in hopes it would serve them as well as it has served me.
3. Is there anyone who knows enough about you to give you advice that you would actually take? –The people in my life are as diverse as my interests and my personality; therefore, I have people whose advice I would take depending on the area we share a strong bond over and know the most about the other in relation to the subject area.
4. Has your blog changed your life? In what way? –Making my writing public has changed my life. Through having a platform of my own I have a place to initiate and discuss topics I try to learn about daily. The accountability factor of posting contributes toward continuing my quest for seeking knowledge on how to live a good life. Also, learning and exploring other writers’ platforms with similar aims in writing is encouraging by knowing how others seek the same truth.
5. Do you have any siblings? — Yes, I am blessed with several. I am in the middle.
6. Are you more comfortable with friends on your blog or in real life? (Yes, I borrowed this question) –I am more comfortable with friends in real life, since I have experienced both good and challenging times together. Yet, many of the writers I have exchanged words with are inspiring, and I look forward to getting to know them and others more.
7. What is your favourite TV show or movie? –7 Samurai by Akira Kurosawa
8. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you like to have with you? –When recently asked this question elsewhere, my immediate response was nothing. I would not desire any things as so long as I have my mind and body to aid me.
9. If you had an unlimited amount of money to spend, what would you do with it? –I would create institutions throughout the globe by which to teach the masses about the power of their minds in order to eradicate human suffering. Furthermore, I would create institutions that would shield and protect the masses from hunger, violence, severe weather, and loneliness.
10. Which two clothes would you choose from your closet to define your personality? –A lavender loose blouse and jeans.
11. If you could go back to the past and meet one person, who would you meet? –Socrates
I nominate Cristen Rodgers, MidiMike, and Upen Reddy. My questions are the following:
1.) What accomplishments are you most proud of?
2.) If you could time travel would you go to the past or future and why?
3.) Is there a book, film, or artist that changed the way you think?
4.) If you could tryout any job for a day what would it be and why?
5.) What was the high point of last month?
6.) If you were guaranteed honest response, what would you ask and who would you ask?
7.) What is your motto?
8.) Name a song that always makes you happy?
9.) What decade during the last century would you have chosen to be a teenager and why?
10.) If you could have any super power what would it be and what would you use it for?
11.) Why do you write?